Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Ireland First Impressions

When I signed up for this study abroad experience, I wasn't sure what I was expecting to experience in Ireland. I originally thought that I would see many different small towns and sheep roaming around on hills. I never expected to be in a big city and see such amazing history while in this trip. Before this class, I had no idea what this trip had in store for me. I am very excited to see all the landmarks that we have talked about in class. 


Ireland Expectation

When I signed up for this trip, I started doing some research to see what Dublin and Derry had in store for me. I quickly realized how much Ireland had to offer. I am looking forward to visiting the Guinness Factory. I have heard that the view from the bar is breath taking. Since I am Catholic, I also want to see a few different churches and go to a church service while I am visiting. 

In "A Legend of Knockmany", it discusses Giants Causeway. This will be an amazing site to see! I really like how this landmark is connected to the old folktale. This class has shown me many different things to be excited to see during our two week trip. I am excited to go and experience Ireland for myself! I am interested in what my other classmates are most excited to see in Ireland as well. 

1 comment:

  1. When I signed up for the trip, I wasn't sure what to expect either. I have been to Europe before, but the picture I had in my head of Ireland was nothing like how I pictured London and Paris, even after I visited. I think this is mostly due to the fact that Ireland doesn't really have a national "symbol." For Paris, obviously, most people think of the Eiffel Tower. For me, I now think of the Buckingham Palace when I picture London. But my idea of Ireland is still the same, much like yours, of small towns and sheep on hills. Though this idea is changing as we continue to study the city, I'm hoping our visit will give me a new, different picture of what Ireland is.

    ReplyDelete